Sign Up for a Free Personal Legal Consultation
The benefit of having expert guidance is within reach with Lee County Legal Aid Society’s FREE “Self Help” 20-minute Legal Clinic – a confidential Zoom session with a panel of qualified attorneys. No pre-qualification is necessary for Lee County Legal Aid Society’s FREE 20-minute Legal Clinic, but registration is required, and we cannot advise individuals who already have an attorney or if a conflict exists with our office. There is no deposit or retainer fee as Lee County Legal Aid Society never charges for legal services.
All appointments are currently virtual and conducted on the Zoom platform. To schedule an appointment, please visit http://www.leeclerk.org/appointment. Select “Fort Myers Court“, then click “Legal Aid Appointments“.
Helpful Tips for Registration
- Registrations are made through our partner, the Lee County Clerk of Court. Click the Register Now link above or go directly to LeeClerk.org/Appointment, select “Fort Myers Court” and “Legal Aid Appointments.”
- Schedule a date and appointment time (between 1:00-5:00 p.m.)
- If no appointments are available, please check again on Monday, when new appointment slots are added.
- For questions or scheduling assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
Once you are registered, here’s what to expect during your appointment:
- All appointments are conducted on the Zoom platform, and all you need is a computer or other device with an Internet connection.
- The length of time for this type of consultation is limited to 20 minutes.
- You will meet individually with a panel of qualified attorneys who will advise on a legal matter of concern to you.
- No matter your legal problem, we’ll do our best to try to help. If we can’t help you, we’ll try to point you where you need to go.
Legal Case Types
We see many different types of legal cases. Examples of some of the types of legal cases we may help you with include:
- Immigration Services
- Wage Garnishment/Debt Collections
- Small Claims legal cases
- Civil court legal cases
- Probate, (Wills, Trusts & Estates)
- Family Law
- Name Change
- Real Estate
- Insurance Fraud
- Personal Injury
The attorneys cannot represent the customer in court, but may provide referrals to attorneys, if needed. Legal consultations will not be provided for criminal legal cases, intellectual property or maritime matters.
- United Way 211
- Abuse Counseling & Treatment Center (A.C.T.)
- A.N.A.’s Friends
- Children’s Advocacy Center of SWFL
- Children’s Network of SWFL
- Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity
- Harry Chapin Food Bank
- Lee Clerk of Court
- Lee County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
includes various practice areas and some Low Fee Attorneys if qualified