For us to help you, you must be a resident of Lee County or have been referred to the Lee County Legal Aid Society by another legal services program. Your household income must be at or below 125 percent of the poverty level as established by the federal government, or at or below 200 percent of the poverty level if you have extenuating circumstances. You must also have a civil legal issue that falls under our purview. We handle the following types of cases:
- Divorce with minor children – May include establishing parenting-plan, child support, alimony, distribution of property, assets, and debts.
- Divorce without minor children – Advice and counsel only.
- Establishment of Paternity/Time-sharing – Including establishment of a parenting plan and child support.
- Temporary Custody by Extended Family Member – Securing legal rights to further the best interests of a child.
- Stepparent Adoption – When the biological parents agree to the adoption.